Meet Robin. Before enrolling in the Virta Clinic, Robin had lived with type 2 diabetes for 20 years, and she was injecting herself with insulin 5 times each day. Because of her diabetes, she was not working and was living on disability income. The emotional and physical toll and mounting expenses were difficult to sustain.
“My life revolved around sticking myself. My stomach was black and blue. It was really expensive. It was getting too expensive for me to deal with, when you’re on disability and have limited income.”
Three months after joining Virta, she started noticing massive changes in her health. Robin was able to:
- Reduce her A1c to 6.3, putting her below the 6.5 diabetic threshold
- Completely eliminate her arthritis pain
- Reduce her eye pressure by 50%. This was after having Retinopathy and many eye surgeries prior to Virta.
- Eliminate her insulin completely
- Lose significant weight
“9 months ago I would not have thought it would be possible to feel better about myself, feel better about my body. I didn’t think I would ever get to this part of my life where I don’t have to take insulin. I still have a lot of life in me now.”
Hear it from her directly.
Many Virta participants have the kind of success that Robin had. The average Virta participant experiences weight loss, diminished cravings and hunger, improved blood sugar control, improved energy levels and sleep quality, and reductions or eliminations of some medications. In the clinical trials, participants have seen:
- 12% average weight loss after 6 months1
- Average A1c reduction of 1.0 after 10 weeks2
- Reduction or elimination of insulin in 87% of participants after 10 weeks2