Looking for ideas of what to cook for the holidays? Virta Coaches Anna and Laura show us how to make an easy low carb Thai chicken that will make the whole family excited for dinner. This recipe is very simple and is a great way to use leftovers from a rotisserie chicken.
1 rotisserie chicken
13.5-oz can full-fat coconut milk
Thawed frozen vegetables – green beans or broccoli work great
Red curry paste
1 cup fresh basil
1 tsp Virta-approved sweetener (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pull meat from rotisserie chicken into large pieces.
2. Spoon a few tablespoons from a 13.5-ounce can of coconut milk into a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of curry paste.
4. Add Virta-approved sweetener (optional), remaining coconut milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to a simmer then add chicken and vegetables. Let them warm through.
6. Stir in a cup of fresh basil leaves.
7. You can eat this alone or serve it with cauliflower rice and lime wedges.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (makes 6 servings):